If you’re staying in, why not clear out?! Use the Worthing Community Chest recycling bins to raise funds for worthy Worthing causes!
You may know that your old clothes can be resold at charity shops but did you know that clothes that are beyond saving can be recycled? Even better than that, all funds raised from your recycled clothes and shoes goes to local non-profit groups! If your clothes have seen better days, don’t throw them away, put them in one of our textile recycling bins. Just look for our Community Chest logo!
Now more than ever your donated textiles will be making a HUGE difference to our local community groups. The more we recycle, the more funds we can raise to support them.
COVID-19 UPDATE: please recycle safely! Our bins remain open and we are grateful for your contributions. We ask that when you are recycling, you strictly adhere to social distancing and hygiene guidelines. Wear gloves, keep your distance from others and wash your hands afterwards.
We collect the following textile-based items in our bins:
- all clothing & other textiles such as bed linen and cushion covers, sheets, blankets, throws, tea towels, dusters and aprons – any condition (in bags tied at the top if possible please
- shoes & other footwear including boots and trainers (even odd ones and those in bad condition
- We can’t take duvets, sleeping bags, tents, mattresses, pillows or cushions.
Find a bin and put it in!
We currently have thirteen recycling bins in the following locations across Worthing:
2. B&Q Car Park, Lyons Farm Road
3. Brooklands Cafe & Park, Western Road
4. Findon Valley Library and Toilets
5. The Mulberry Car Park, Goring
6. Pond Lane Recreation Ground Toilets
7. Tesco Extra Petrol Station, Durrington
8. Poulters Lane, Thomas a Becket Public Car Park,
9. Assembly Hall Car Park
10. Worthing Leisure Centre
11. West Worthing Station
12. Broadwater Road
13. Cricketer’s Parade